Worried about the Coronavirus? Well, if you are you’re certainly not alone. Unfortunately, it’s only natural to be concerned…but panicked? No–panic doesn’t help anyone. The Center For Disease Control, for instance, is warning the public that donning masks incorrectly actually increases the odds of catching viruses.
Experts agree that the single best thing you can do to protect yourself from the Coronavirus (now renamed as the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2)and the good ole Flu bug is to wash your hands. Other beneficial methods to battle the bug are:
- Fist bump instead of shaking hands
- Coughing into a disposable tissue, or if none available, your elbow
- Wearing gloves when in public…dispose of the gloves when home
- Using hand sanitizer (If you can find it in the stores!)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- If you are sick–stay home!
Just using common sanitary sense will go a long way combating this virus and the flu, which by the way has killed over 15,000 people so far this year. While the SARS Coronavirus 2 has so far killed just over 3,000 people, 45,393 folks have recovered. We got those statistics from an informative site managed by Johns Hopkins Medical Center.
If you’d like more information about the virus itself, click on this link for the CDC site. It’s full of useful information that hopefully will make you feel prepared…not paranoid.